Message sent! Check your Phone

the box

the box

Lincoln 3-3 Liverpool 7/7/2012 | FAWSL

4y ago


Lincoln 3-3 Liverpool 7/7/2012 | FAWSL The official Youtube channel of The FA WSL with exclusive news, match highlights, player profiles and more. Find out more about the FAWSL: Like FAWSL on facebook: Precious Hamilton's early brace put the Lady Imps in control before Emily Gielnik pulled a goal back before half-time. Chloe Jones equalised in the 70th minute with a deflected shot, but Remi Allen's penalty, two minutes later, restored Lincoln's lead. However, the Merseyside club salvaged a point deep in added time when Kelly Jones scored from the spot after she had been held back by England skipper Casey Stoney (pictured), who was sent off for her second bookable offence. "I don't think we started particularly slowly, but we changed shape for this game and people were still getting organised," said Williams, who has replaced Robbie Johnson at the helm. "Unfortunately they scored after two minutes and then again after 14. By the time we got ourselves organised there were 75 minutes to go, but we were 2-0 down. "But we showed we can play. We've got some really good players. We won the last 75 minutes 3-1, which is pleasing. "To score in the 94th minute was a fantastic feeling. The girls showed fantastic character." Meanwhile, Lincoln boss Glen Harris bemoaned his side's lack of consistency after watching them throw away another lead. "Consistency has been our biggest problem," he confessed. "We've showed flashes of really good football. "For the first 20 minutes, we played as well as we have done all season. Mentally, we've got to learn to manage leads. Too many times we've got a goal in front and then lost it." The home side came flying out of the blocks, surging into a 2-0 lead inside the first 15 minutes. Just three minutes in, Hamilton opened the scoring with a smashing volley. After Stoney's ball into the box was allowed to bounce, Hamilton reacted quickest, lashing home past Nicky Davies. The Lady Imps continued to pile forward and it was no surprise when they doubled their lead in the 14th minute, again through the dangerous Hamilton. Collette McCallum's corner caused panic in the Liverpool box. It eventually fell to Carla Cantrell. Her effort was blocked, but the ball fell to Hamilton, who instinctively fired high into the net. At that stage, Lincoln were threatening to run riot, but Liverpool fought back impressively and pulled a goal back midway through the half. Michelle Evans' tantalising free-kick landed at the feet of Emily Gielnik, who coolly slotted past Nicola Hobbs. Liverpool completed their comeback 20 minutes from time, although the equaliser came with a huge slice of fortune. Chloe Jones cut inside and tried her luck from 20 yards, with her shot taking a massive deflection off Sophie Bradley and looping over Hobbs. However, parity lasted less than three minutes as Lincoln retook the lead from the penalty spot. Hamilton raced into the box only to be bundled over by Vicky Jones, with the referee awarding the spot-kick after consulting with her assistant. Allen displayed nerves of steel from the spot, sending Davies the wrong way to make it 3-2. Liverpool had a penalty shout of their own in added time when Daly clattered into Caroline Charlton. That appeal was waved away, but justice was done seconds later when Kelly Jones was adjudged to have been held back by Stoney, who was then dismissed. Kelly Jones then picked herself up to fire home the penalty and make it 3-3. Line-ups: Lincoln Ladies (4-4-2): Hobbs; Walton, Stoney, Bradley, Daly; Allen, Harris (Barker 77), Staniforth, McCallum (Horwood 77); Hamilton (Clarke 82), Cantrell. Subs not used: Martha Harris, Roberts, Rood Bookings: Stoney, dissent Red cards: Stoney (90), second booking Liverpool: Davies; Chappell, V Jones, Evans, Brusell (Shepherd 81); K Jones, Gielnik, Harding (Foster 60), Charlton; C Jones, Keryakoplis Subs not used: Twohig, Clansey. Bookings: None ...