CineMassacre

CineMassacre

ADD TO YOUR SMART CHANNEL :
  • New Smart Channel

"A Night of Total Terror" (1996) 2015 RESTORATION

2d ago
SOURCE  

My dream of making movies officially started in May 1996 (I believe it was Memorial Day Weekend) when I made a no-budget backyard movie. This was the turning point of my life, and the beginning of everything you see in Cinemassacre! Here is the full Behi

Description

This is closer to the original version of "A Night to Total Terror", shot in 1996. In 2015, I went back to the original VHS-C tape, which approximately 90% of the footage has survived. For the remaining 10%, I used a second generation copy. The original version ran 30 minutes long, which was too slow. Most of the reason for that was because I was shooting the whole movie in-camera, in order. This was before I had any means of editing. Not even two VCR's. So many of the takes would linger extra long. Now using non-linear editing software, I was able to tighten the editing, and pick up the pace, in ways that was never technically possible before. Originally, the B&W and aged-film effect was done by turning down the color on the TV, and then pointing the camera at the TV. Now, for the first time, I applied the B&W film effect, digitally, making it look more like the films "Nosferatu" and "Night of the Living Dead" which inspired me so much to make this movie in the first place. I didn't try too hard to improve the movie. I just wanted to create a version that was true to my intentions, back in 1996. This, I think, is the definitive version that my 15 year old self would have loved!